Silence the tyrants
Deep inside us, negative thoughts are hidden like so many predators on our happiness. They are always ready to jump out and present us with plenty of good reasons not to be creative.
Here are some of those tyrants. Some of them will ring bells with you. If you recognise them, remember that by doing spontaneous drawing you can help to silence them.
- "I don't know how to draw!"
- "I have no talent..."
- "I have no imagination."
- "I just can't doodle any longer..."
- "Whatever I do will never be as good as..."
- "I won't do it properly."
- "I don't know anything about art."
- "I'm not an artist!"
- "My husband (or wife) will laugh at my drawings."